I like to keep lunch quick and simple, as I have a limited amount of time both at home to prepare my lunch before I set off on my commute in to the office, and at my desk to actually eat the meal itself.
This then, with only slight variations depending on availability of produce, is my usual lunch-time stomach filler. I prepare everything prior to setting off, and do all the chopping and mixing at my desk, normally sometime around noon-ish.
- ½ a red onion, thinly sliced
- a red/green/yellow pepper, roughly chopped
- a carrot, roughly chopped
- about 10 cherry tomatoes
- a good chunk of cucumber, halved and sliced
- 2 or 3 celery sticks, sliced
- a red or green chilli, finely chopped
- a 100g-ish tin of sardines
- a good slug of chaat masala, an Indian spice mixture
Simply chop / slice, mix, and wolf down.
A word of caution – chaat masala is not to everyone’s taste, but if you like it, YOU LIKE IT!!
It’s very Paleo – the hint of sweetness comes from dried mango powder rather than s***r. You should be able to find it at your local, friendly Indian / Pakistani grocer.