Paleovirtus in “Non-fish based salad” shock-horror report….
Just to prove that my leafy interests extend beyond the world of all that once swam, here’s my take on a Thai beef salad. Vary all the amounts according to taste.
- About 100g thinly sliced roast beef, cut into postage stamp sized pieces
- ½ a red onion, finely chopped
- 1 good sized green chilli, the bigger and hotter the better, finely chopped
- ⅓ of a cucumber, halved, de-seeded, then thinly sliced
- Baby spinach leaves
- Salad leaves
- Shredded red cabbage
- Shredded carrot
- Cherry tomatoes
- Finely chopped cashew nuts
- Fresh lime juice
- Paleo friendly Thai fish sauce (containing anchovies and salt ONLY)
- Sesame oil
- Black pepper
I won’t insult either your intelligence or your culinary skills here. Prepare, chuck into bowl, mix, season, dress, mix again, plate up, devour.