This works well as a mouth-cooler following on from a lava-hot curry.
Might serve 2 at a stretch.
- ½ a pineapple, peeled, cored, and diced to your preferred size.
- The flesh from a mango.
- lime juice to taste, lemon even, maybe, baby.
- a handful of cashews, chopped.
- dessicated coconut, or coconut flakes, if you’re that way inclined.
- chuck the pineapple into a bowl.
- add the mango. Stir in the lime / lemon juice to taste. This will both marinate the fruit mixture in limey lemony goodness, as well as prevent the fruit from discolouring before serving.
- place in a fridge to chill, man.
- before serving sprinkle over the cashews and your preferred kind of coconut, kid.
- feel free to experiment with other tropical fruits and nuts. Go hog wild, dude. If you’re feeling adventurous, add a bit of chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) too.
- Some daring individuals go as far as to drizzle a spot of coconut milk over just before serving.
- If you are using this as a post-Ruby oral fire-blanket remember to serve it chilled. Well chilled….