Another one to file under “midweek, can’t really be all that bothered, want something tasty, nourishing, and ready 15 minutes ago…”
- 185g tuna chunks in brine, drained
- ½ a red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli pepper, the hotter the better, very finely chopped
- ⅓ of a cucumber, quartered lengthways and then thinly sliced
- a good handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- a couple of tablespoons worth of capers
- 15 or so pitted black olives, chopped
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- salad leaves, to serve
- Throw the red onion, chilli, tomatoes, olives, capers, and cucumber into a mixing bowl.
- Flake the tuna into the bowl. Mix everything well.
- dress with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with a twist of salt and a lot of black pepper. Mix well.
- Serve on a bed of salad leaves.