This starter is based on a recipe in chef Daniel Green‘s excellent book “The Paleo Diet – Food Your Body Is Designed To Eat”.
Once the eggs are prepared, which you can obviously do well in advance, the dish can be finished off and served in a matter of a few minutes, making it a near perfect starter.
That and the fact that it is utterly delicious, of course.
- 200g cold smoked salmon
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, plus extra for garnishing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Lemon wedges
- Start off by hard boiling your eggs – I boiled mine, which were medium sized, for 12 minutes. Allow to cool, the peel and chop. Set aside in a bowl in the fridge.
- Peel and chop the avocado. Add to the eggs.
- Add the dill, Dijon mustard, olive oil, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Divide the smoked salmon between 3 plates. Spoon the egg and avocado mixture on top of the salmon. Garnish with a little extra dill, and lemon wedges. Serve and enjoy, taking a well earned breather before you’re back on your feet getting the main course ready.