I do love i) salads, ii) fish, and iii) Thai food, so this dish has always been a particular favourite.
As a quick, light lunch or a speedy supper it takes some beating.
- 1 small yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli – the bigger and hotter the better
- about 1/4 of a cucumber, quartered lengthways and then thickly sliced
- about 60g shredded white cabbage
- about 40g shredded carrot
- a 95g can tuna in water, drained
- a handful of fresh coriander (cilantro)
- a handful of Thai Basil
- the juice of a lime
- about 2 tbsp fish sauce
- a small handful of cashew nuts
- Place the prepared pepper, onion, chilli, cucumber, cabbage, and carrot into a salad bowl.
- Flake in the tuna. Add the Thai Basil and the coriander (cilantro). Mix well.
- Add the lime juice and the fish sauce. Mix well.
- Scatter over the cashew nuts. Serve.