I love this dish – all those earthy, pungent, salty flavours.
This makes for a super-quick and easy lunch or supper, a true chop, chuck, stir and serve job, ready in under half an hour if you play your cards right.
Add to that the ease, convenience, and flavour of zucchini / courgette spaghetti, and you’re on a real winner.
- A good bowlful of zucchini / courgette spaghetti. I prepared the ones I used for this particular meal with my new Westmark Spiromat.
- ½ a red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 10 green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 10 black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 50g of anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp Herbes De Provence
- 1 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- fresh lemon juice
- Hot chilli flakes
- Black pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-low heat in a non-stick frying pan.
- Gently fry the onion until starting to soften, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add the anchovies, and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, and continue to fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the Herbes De Provence and the smoked Spanish paprika. Fry for a further 2 or 3 minutes, adding a little water to the pan if things start to stick.
- Add the olives and capers to the pan. Mix well, and cook for 5 minutes or so.
- Serve over the zucchini spaghetti, dressing with black pepper, hot chilli flakes, and fresh lemon juice to taste.