I stumbled across this recipe for a quick and easy chocolate avocado pudding in this video, made by Evita Ochel of Healthytarian.com…
It was one of those recipes that seemed almost too good to be true. However, I am more than pleased to report that it lived up to all of our expectations!
- The nut milk I used was a full-fat organic coconut milk.
- I made up a double batch, simply using twice the quantities given in the video for a single serving. That actually gave us a yield of 3 servings – the full fat coconut milk combined with the avocado made this a very filling pudding.
- The “food processor” I used was in fact the bowl-like attachment for our hand blender. This just had the capacity for the mixture, yet still produced a light and fluffy result.
- Taste – spot on. Couldn’t be better. Chocolaty and sweet, but not overpoweringly so. The hint of vanilla and cinnamon was, again, just right.
- As Evita says in the video, this pudding can be eaten without prior chilling. This is what we did – no complaints on that front.
- Again, as Evita says, this pudding can be used as an ingredient itself in other recipes, something I certainly intend to do, using it as a topping in fruit based desserts and the like.