This dessert came about by accident.
I’d made myself a cup of Paleo hot chocolate, and then had become distracted for some reason or other.
When I finally remembered my beverage, it had gone cold, but in the process had become a deliciously thick chocolate sauce.
Yesterday I thought I’d experiment with actually using it in a proper dessert.
Stick some fresh fruit on a twig, blather it with sauce to make it sticky, sprinkle over some tasty stuff to adhere to the stickiness. Chuck over a few extra tasty bits to look purdy.
Robert, as they say, is Mama’s dear sibling.
Fruit Skewers With Paleo Chocolate Sauce
- 1 large banana
- 8 large strawberries
- 1 cup of Paleo hot chocolate – see here for recipe
- finely chopped hazelnuts
- desiccated coconut
- a few pomegranate seeds
- Make the Paleo hot chocolate. Set aside to cool.
- Trim the leaf end off the strawberries. Cut the banana up into 8 chunks.
- Take a bamboo skewer, and thread a strawberry onto it. Thread a banana chunk onto the skewer, and carefully push it down next to the strawberry. Repeat, alternating between strawberries and banana chunks, until the skewer is full.
- Place the skewer on a serving plate. Once the hot chocolate has cooled and is more sauce-like, take a dessert spoon and drizzle plenty of the sauce over the fruit skewer.
- Sprinkle plenty of chopped hazelnuts over the skewer. Repeat with the desiccated coconut.
- Serve, garnished with a few pomegranate seeds.