In “The Return Of The Jedi” there’s that classic moment when Darth Vader is watching the emperor fry Luke with 250 million volts of force lightning, and his gaze goes back and forth between the two of them, before he makes a life changing decision.
Son. Dark Sith Overlord.
Similarly, I looked at the 2 main ingredients for this spread for what seemed like an age, before coming to the conclusion that I had no other choice.
Tuna. Avocado. Fish. Fruit. It had to be done.
I took the plunge. Hope triumphed over fear and uncertainty.
The Hunger Demon was vanquished.
Tuna And Avocado Pâté
- 1 nicely ripe avocado
- 75g of tinned tuna
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lemon juice
- Halve, de-pit, and peel the avocado. Roughly chop the flesh, and place it in a mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
- Drain the tinned tuna, and add it to the avocado in the mixing bowl. Mix the fish and the fruit thoroughly, and mash again until you obtain a very even, fine mixture.
- Season with salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste. Mix again.
- Add a splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice – a couple of teaspoons at most should do it. Mix again.
- Serve, thickly slathered on seed crispbread.