I’ll have to be brief here, because as Björn and Benny so eloquently put it – “Day is dawning, and I must go…”
Soon I’ll be packing my case, and setting off on the long walk to the station, to catch a fast train, bound for London, the airport, and ultimately, the Home Kitchen.
This was my last quick meal at my temporary digs, and once again I opted for a salad.
I supplemented the ham and salady bits on offer with an avocado, a tin of anchovies, and a lime.
A good combination to be sure, and one that I’ll use again, especially when I’ve more time to work on the presentation side of things a bit.
Speaking of which, that photo wasn’t taken with an etch-a-sketch, believe it or not. I decided to travel light on this trip, and left my camera at home. My phone works splendidly as a communications device, but is a bit behind the curve when it comes to the image capture side of things.
Ham, Avocado, and Anchovy Salad
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 4 large slices of ham
- 1 avocado
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 stick of celery, thinly sliced
- 1/3 of a cucumber, chopped finely
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- a 30g tin of anchovies in olive oil
- 100g of mixed salad leaves
- the juice of 1/2 a lime
- freshly ground black pepper
- Tear the ham slices into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Drain the anchovies, reserving the olive oil. Chop the fish. Set aside.
- Halve, de-pit, and peel the avocado. Roughly chop the flesh. Set aside.
- Place the salad leaves in a large mixing bowl. Add the avocado, spring onions, celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and radishes. Mix well.
- Add the ham and the anchovies. Mix well.
- Season the salad with black pepper to taste. Dress the salad with the reserved olive oil from the anchovies and the lime juice.
- Toss the salad well. Serve.