Strapped for time? Got your back!
This dish uses just 4 ingredients, 2 of which you could get away with omitting at a pinch.
Prep time is all of 5 minutes. Chuck it in a hot oven, and then forget about it until the timer rings.
The magic of bacon will take care of the cod, with its lovely, rendered fat basting it, as well as sealing in the steam generated as the fish cooks.
The result is a crispy, meaty, outer casing, and moist, tender flakes of snow white fish on the inside.
Bloody hell. I should be in advertising.
Bacon Wrapped Cod Fillets
- 6 140g cod fillets
- 2 packets of streaky bacon, each about 140g
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Give the cod fillets a drizzle of olive oil, and then season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Wrap each cod fillet with bacon. Place the fillets on the parchment. Place the baking sheet in the middle of the hot oven.
- Bake the fillets until they have lost their raw, translucent colour, and are white all the way through – about 30 – 35 minutes. In any case, keep a close eye on them after the 25 minute mark.
- When the fish is done to your satisfaction, remove the baking tray from the oven. Serve, with a medley of steamed vegetables.