This was the final outing for the leftover satay sauce from the chicken dish I made earlier in the week.
I’d already used a small bowlful as a dip sauce the night before, making a quick supper of it along with some cucumber, carrot, and celery batons.
After another night in the fridge, making 2 in total, the flavours had really had a chance to develop. Thicker, and tastier. The fridge pixies had worked their magic yet again.
Pan on the stove top, whizz up some zoodles, toss in some prawns, job done.
Lunch in less than 5 minutes. Win.
Luscious Leftovers - Zoodles And Prawns In Satay Sauce
- 170g of cooked prawns
- 2 medium zucchinis / courgettes
- leftover satay sauce
- sesame seed oil
- hot chilli flakes
- Top, tail, then peel the zucchinis. Using a spiralizer, make zoodles from them.
- Heat up the leftover satay sauce over medium heat in a large non-stick pan.
- Add the zoodles and the prawns to the sauce. Heat through for a few seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Serve, dressed with a drizzle of sesame seed oil, and a scattering of hot chilli flakes.