Asparagus. Those delicious spears divide the population like no other vegetable.
No, not because of its taste, because of, well, you know, the other thing.
You know. **cough** … this…
Despite what may or may not happen the morning after eating it, this dish works supremely well as a side to honey and walnut crusted salmon.
Steamed Asparagus In A Garlic Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed by the “snap” method
- 3 cloves of garlic, very finely minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, sesame seed oil, and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste in a small bowl. Set aside for about an hour, to allow the flavours time to develop, and to take the raw bite out of the garlic.
- Steam the asparagus until just tender – 5 – 6 minutes. Refresh under cold running water, then set aside to drain.
- Arrange the asparagus on your serving plate. Dress with the vinaigrette. Serve.