The Paleovirtus womenfolk were having steaks.
I’d had a largish lunch, and couldn’t quite see myself managing a whole lump of beef.
I wanted a salad, but something with a bit of body behind it, if you follow.
I came up with this combo more or less on the fly.
Salty and sweet, chewy yet crunchy, and as tasty as it was marty purdy, dagnabbit….
Prosciutto, Date, And Nut Salad
- 80g prosciutto
- 5 medjool dates
- 1 handful of cashews
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 125 mixed salad leaves
- hot chilli flakes
- red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sesame seed oil
- Roughly tear the prosciutto. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Remove the pits from the medjool dates, and then chop each of them into 8 pieces. Add to the salad bowl.
- Add the mixed nuts and salad leaves to the bowl. Mix well.
- Season the salad with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Dress the salad with 2 tsp of red wine vinegar, 2 tsp of sesame seed oil, and hot chilli flakes to taste. Toss well, then serve.